March 22, 2017.
Re: Vacancies for Advertisement – There Are No Vacancies At The National Secretariat – PDP
The attention of the National Caretaker Committee led by Senator Ahmed Makarfi has been drawn to some newspaper publication titled: “Vacancies For Advertisement” signed by Professor Wale Oladipo in which he advertised various offices in the PDP National Secretariat as vacant.
2. We wish to state unequivocally that there are no vacancies for employment at the National Secretariat of our great Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). All the staffers of the Party in line with the Establishment Manual are intact and standing strong with all the organs of the PDP in its bid to salvage the Party from destroyers.
3. It is sad to note that Professor Wale Oladipo is ignorant on the workings of the PDP, the Establishment Manual and the position of the recent Appeal Court Judgment of February 17, 2017 which ordered the Party to revert to the Status of the Party before May 21st, 2016. The Publication is therefore a ploy by Senator Sheriff and his cohorts to disengage the Establishment Staff of the PDP for acting in line with their constitutional mandate and convictions.
4. The vexatious publication is a cheap blackmail designed to intimidate our hardworking and highly principled staff. It belongs to the trash bin and should be ignored.
5. Nigerians, our members and teeming supporters may wish to note that, the self-appointed National Working Committee as currently constituted under Senator Ali Modu Sheriff cannot form a quorum to take any valid decision. Unless Senator Ali Sheriff complies with the Appeal Court Ruling of status quo ante May 21st, 2017, any decision taken by the present illegal NWC is not binding and will be challenged before the Court of competent jurisdiction.
6. Let Senator Ali Sheriff and his cohorts be reminded that though the Court of Appeal Judgment is in their favour, the National Caretaker Committee is still in full operations given that its appeal against the Judgment is before the Supreme Court; and more so that the Committee still enjoy the support of the entire organs of the Party. For the umpteenth time, we wish to reiterate that the actions of Senator Sheriff and his cohorts in recent times are completely against the spirit of the political solution they have professed to abide with. He cannot be declaring support for a political solution as a panacea to end the leadership crisis and at the same time igniting fire by taken decision that are against the law and capable of causing more rancor in the Party.
7. As law abiding Party members and citizens of this great Country, Nigeria, we shall continue working with all the Organs of the PDP to make sure this crisis is fully resolved.
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
Spokesman, PDP National Caretaker Committee