RESOLUTIONS OF THE 70TH MEETING OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC) OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) ON APRIL 28, 2016 AT THE NATIONAL SECRETARIAT, ABUJA.
The 70th meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held today, Thursday, 28th of April 2016 at the National Secretariat of the PDP.
The Meeting was presided over by the National Chairman, H.E. Sen. (Dr.) Ali Modu-Sheriff. The Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, PDP State Governors, members of the National Committee (NWC), Members and leaders of the National Assembly and other members of NEC were in attendance.
NEC commended the Rally in Jigawa State and thanked the former Governor, Alh. Sule Lamido and his team for the overwhelming crowd that welcomed the leadership of the Party in the State.
The meeting considered various Party matters and arrived at the following resolutions:
NEC received the Report from the Chairman of the PDP National Convention Committee, Chief Barr. Nyesom Wike, the Executive Governor of Rivers State. He briefed the Meeting and assured members that his Committee is now set for the National Convention of the Party scheduled to hold in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on the 21st of May, 2016 notwithstanding some finishing touches to be fine-tuned before the time.
NEC considered and adopted the Amendments made on the Guidelines for the 2016 Congresses and National Convention affecting section 4.02 which stipulated specific timelines for purchases of forms for various offices, to now remain open and members can purchase form at any given time or period and contest any position of their choice.
NEC received the Report of the Zoning Committee Presented by its Chairman, Chief Udom Emmanuel, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State. The proposed zoning arrangements are as follows:-
- National Chairman – North-East
- Deputy National Chairman – South-South
3. National Secretary – South-West
4. Deputy National Secretary – North-Central
5. National Legal Adviser – North-West
6. Deputy National Legal Adviser – South-South
7. National Treasurer – South-South
8. Deputy National Treasurer – North-West
9. National Financial Secretary – North-Central
10. Deputy National Financial Sec. – South-East
11. National Woman Leader – North-West
12. Deputy National Woman Leader – South-South
13. National Auditor – South-West
14. Deputy National Auditor – North-East
15. National Publicity Secretary – South-West
16. Deputy National Publicity Sec. – North-Central
17. National Organizing Secretary – South-East
18. Deputy National Organizing Sec. – North-Central
19. National Youth Leader – South- East
20. Deputy National Youth Leader – North-West
NEC received the proposal for the Amendment of the Party Constitution and unanimously agreed to debate it at the next NEC meeting scheduled to take hold on the 11th of May, 2016 for adoption to Convention.
Concluding, NEC thanked the National Chairman, Sen. (Dr.) Ali Modu-Sheriff for his zeal and resilience in handling Party matters since his assumption of office and the Meeting of the 70th National Executive Committee (NEC) was adjourned to reconvene on Wednesday, May 11, 2016, by 12:00pm.